2018 – 2019
This training will take place in the heart of downtown Kingston. Our space has everything you need to make yourself right at home, from a full kitchen to a cozy fireplace. Big windows and a terrace are perfect for outdoor practices during warm months. This program is devoted to developing yoga student-teachers with a passion for accessible, inclusive yoga, and clear, healthy lives.
- Cultivating a practice of yoga, including personal and teaching practices.
- Anatomy of yoga, both a broad understanding of human anatomy, bio-mechanics, and specific postural anatomy.
- Teaching methodology, communication, and theory.
- Postural alignment, benefits, contra-indications and sequencing.
- Safe and situational hands-on teaching including enhancements, adjustments, and prop use.
- Teaching off-the-mat through clear, accurate, and inspirational cuing.
- Pranayama (breath work), meditation, chakras.
- Philosophy, history, and culture of yoga (both traditional and contemporary).
- Language: using it effectively to teach and exploring how it shapes our experience.
- Living authentically and with accountability.
- Building community through your yoga practice.
- Lifestyle to support your yoga and wellness.
- Business of Yoga.
- Leadership, communication & time management skills.
you will receive:
- Supportive readings and discussion starting handouts for at-home study.
- Assessment and one-on-one discussion of your personal practice.
- Practical help to start your yoga teaching career.
you will leave with:
- A deeper understanding of your own yoga practice.
- The ability to structure and deliver a yoga class.
- Sense of purpose and confidence in your yoga journey and life.
- A stronger yoga community to continue your journey with!
There is only a maximum of 8 students accepted.